13 ene 2011

Tutorial: fabric flower

A few days ago, I received an invitation for a guest post at The Sassy Crafter then I decided to prepare a tutorial with the instructions to make this fabric flower.

I came up with this flower last week because we had a party and I needed some headband or clip to match with Sophia's dress. And here is the result...


I also made 2 more for my nieces.




And now I'm glad to share this tutorial with you! I hope you like it!!!

You will need:
- synthetic fabric or any fabric that will melt
- needle and thread
- button
- cnadle or lighter


You will have to:

1. Cut 6 circles of fabric all of them the same size (they don’t need to be perfect circles)


2. Use the flame of a candle or lighter to slightly melt the edges of the circles. It takes just a second for the fabric to melt, so do it quickly.


3. Take one circle for the base


4. Take 2 more circles and fold them in half.


5. Place them over the first circle, so that both folded circles together form a complete circle. Use needle and thread to sew them together.


6. Take 2 more circles and fold them in half. Place them over the previous layer of folded circles, so that both folded circles together form a complete circle again, this time in different direction than the previous layer.


7. Use needle and thread to sew them together.


8. Then place the last circle over the last layer of folded circles and sew all together.


9. You can make another smaller flower following the steps from 1 to 9 and sew it to the first flower.


10. Finally cover a button and sew (or hot glue) it to the center of the flower.



And you're done!

You can hot glue the flowers to a headband, clip or even a pin.



4 comentarios:

Eileen Hull dijo...

Great tutorial Cecilia- thanks!

Karisa dijo...

Nice tutorial--it looks easy and cute too! Thanks for participating in the FaveCrafts Blog Hop! We're doing a special blog hop newsletter mailing as well :) We'll see you back in February!

Mama Duke's of a Mini Diva dijo...

Great tutorial!!I seem to always burn my edges :( UGH I have attempted it so many times & given up. I will give it one more shot.

Jenni Price dijo...

Beautiful flower and thank you for sharing! I'm bookmarking this! Thanks!

Publicar un comentario